Miwak Junior pipes are fired in reduction, in a gas kiln at an extremely high fire temperature. The heat renders their pipes especially sturdy, and the reduction process creates an ever-changing array of finishes which make each piece truly one-of-a-kind.
A hollow interior provides a large chamber for smoke, and the exterior is hand-finished for a smooth feel in the palm.
Size: 4 x 3 x 0.75 in.
Weight: ~3.75 oz.
Use: Medium sized bowl, side carb, mouthpiece on end of shallow body.
Care: Isopropyl alcohol + salt; Box includes detailed cleaning instructions.
Made: Slip cast and glazed responsibly in Los Angeles.
Available in these colors:
- Sierra Lima: pure stoneware clay body; bowl has a hand-painted glaze in slightly iridescent blue-green with a subtle orange glow
- Bobra: monochromatic, warm, light blue porcelain body color featuring a clear glaze in the bowl
- Rufus Switzerland: monochromatic, warm, dusty pink porcelain body color featuring a clear glaze in the bowl
- Julio: monochromatic, warm, peacock green porcelain body color featuring a blue glossy glaze in the bowl
- Zapaleri: mixed stoneware, each one uniquely patterned, with a clear glaze that intensifies the colors
- Licancabur: deep brown stoneware with a striking metallic glaze on the bowl